Overview of Stratus Service Offerings
Below are the four primary ways that we engage clients to help them with valuation, succession planning, retirement planning, and asset management. However, our goal is to work with your specific needs, so your engagement may look different than what is presented below.
Business Valuation Only*
Estimated Cost Range: $5,000 - $10,000 depending on the complexity of the engagement. Valuation engagements are billed one-third when signing the agreement, one-third when the first draft is delivered, and one-third when the final draft is delivered.
- Document Collection and Review
- On-Site Visit (if applicable)
- Coordination with Owner’s Other Advisors (e.g., CPA, Financial Advisor)
- Ongoing Meetings with Management
- Draft and Final Valuation Reports
- 2-3 Areas to Focus on to Increase Business Value
*Successive valuations, if needed, typically cost between $2,000 and $4,000 since Stratus already knows your business and has already built the models to analyze its value.
Estimated Cost Range: $15,000 - $40,000 depending on the complexity of the engagement. Succession planning engagements are typically completed over the course of several years and clients are billed on a monthly or quarterly retainer basis. However, we can adapt our fees and planning timelines to meet your needs.
- Complete Business Valuation (including Valuation Report and areas to focus on to increase value)
- Retirement Plan Cash Flow Analysis (can your business value plus your non-business assets fund your retirement goals?)
- Review of Current Business and Estate Legal Documents
- Creation of Succession Plan that focuses on maximizing business value, diversifying net worth outside the business, targeting strategies to meet retirement goals, mitigating taxes during the ownership transition, and making sure legal documents are in place to protect the Owner, the Owner’s family, and the business.
- Implementation and coordination of the Succession Plan along with the Owner’s other advisors (CPA, attorney, banker, financial advisor, etc.). Ongoing discussions with owner, management, and prospective buyer(s) to adjust the plan as needed. Updated valuations as needed for gifting and final sale.
Personal Financial Planning
Estimated Cost Range: $4,000 - $8,000 depending on the complexity of the engagement. Clients who engage us for personal financial plans have the choice to be billed either one-half upon signing the agreement and one-half when the final plan is delivered or 100% upfront.
- Discussion of the personal and professional goals of the owner and their family
- Analysis of asset portfolio and asset allocation of investment accounts
- Analysis of liabilities (e.g., mortgage) and cash flow
- Analysis of retirement income strategies
- Creation of a complete Personal Financial Plan with the findings and recommendations from our analysis
Estimated Personal Cost Range: Based on total personal assets managed by Stratus. Billing is done quarterly based on the account value as of the last trading day of the quarter.
Individual Accounts and Trusts
Less than $2 million: 1.00%
$2 million to $5,000,000: 0.75%
$5,000,001 to $10,000,000: 0.60%
Over $10,000,000: 0.50%
- Create personalized portfolios based on the financial planning goals of the client
- Monitor the portfolios to make sure they are within the client’s risk tolerance parameters and make adjustments if needed
- Coordination with client’s CPA and estate attorneys to make sure we are being tax efficient and protecting the client and their family
- Coordination with client’s insurance broker to make sure we have the proper risk management strategy
- Ongoing updates to the client’s financial plan
- Available for conversations with the client or their family at any time
Estimated Retirement Plan Cost Range: Based on total retirement plan assets managed by Stratus. Billing is done quarterly based on the account value as of the last trading day of the quarter.
Retirement Plan Assets
Less than $1 million: 0.75%
$1,000,001 to $5,000,000: 0.50%
$5,000,001 to $10,000,000: 0.35%
$10,000,001 to $15,000,000: 0.25%
$15,000,001 to $20,000,000: 0.20%
Over $20,000,000: Negotiable
- Provide advice on selection of investment options
- Quarterly benchmarking of the investment options and suggestions on replacement funds, if necessary
- Annual review of investment options
- Lead participant enrollment and answer ongoing participant questions
- Coordinate participant rollovers into the plan or from the plan to an outside account
If you have any questions regarding any of our service offerings, please don't hesitate to contact us!